All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUltimate Mapping Guide for Kids gives youngsters all of the tools they need to understand maps, make their own cartographic creations, and even head out on navigating adventures. Getting lost will be a thing of the past. This book is laid out in a logical order and is packed to the brim with expert instruction, learning projects (make your own contour map), top tips (e.g., always carry pencil and paper along with a GPS) and safety warnings. Even the page margins are put to use and filled with topical references for easy navigation and fascinating facts, such as The Babylonians first mapped the stars over 2,500 years ago. Ultimate Mapping Guide for Kids contains clear concise text that explains technical topics like longitude and latitude, satellite navigation, bathymetric maps, how to read grid maps, and how to make a scale map of your house and yard. Every term is defined and illustrations offer clarity. Ultimate Mapping Guide for Kids is a practical purchase for youth organizations, geocaching groups and campers. Young readers will find it fascinating -- reluctant readers especially. They might even turn off the electronics, and get outside.
- Author BiographyJustin Miles is a professional adventurer based in England. He has honed his mapping and navigation skills in some of the more extreme areas of the world, including the Arctic, mountains, deserts and jungles. Justin uses his experiences to support charities and inspire children to learn through innovative education programs.
- Author(s)Justin Miles
- PublisherFirefly Books
- Date of Publication02/08/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFirefly Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width124 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.