All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a guide to training for and competing in long-distance/Ironman triathlons, one of the world's toughest sporting events. Comprising of a 2.4-mile swim, a 112-mile cycle and a marathon, Ironman-distance triathlon is a daunting undertaking for every competitor; for the first-timer, it can be overwhelming. Yet, the numbers of participants are rocketing as thousands of people who have completed a sprint- or standard-distance triathlon are looking for their next challenge. This book takes a holistic approach to the sport. It covers everything from training plans to race entry, from preparing your equipment to nutrition. It is t guaranteed to get you over the finish line, but it will help ensure that you are as prepared as you can be when the gun goes off. The content is aimed at levels of ability ranging from first timers to the more experienced, and includes information for triathletes from a variety of age groups. Accessible, lively and authoritative, this book is the ideal guide to training for one of the most difficult sporting challenges in the world.
- Author BiographyPaul Moore is Head of Digital at one of the UK's largest triathlon magazines, Triathlete Europe. He is also a keen triathlete and competes in numerous multisports events around the world. Richard Hoad is a qualified triathlon coach, regular competitor in triathlons of all distances and a sub-10 hour long-distance triathlon finisher.
- Author(s)Paul Moore,Richard Hoad
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/06/2011
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteColour photos throughout with black and white line illustrations
- Weight632 g
- Width208 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.