Ultimate Warrior Workouts (Training for Warriors): Fitness Secrets of the Martial Arts by Martin Rooney (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.19Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTake the Warrior Challenge - let top trainer Martin Rooney get you into the best shape of your life. Packed with hundreds of little-kwn training secrets of the top international fighters in every discipline, this book is indispensable for athletes or coaches of any sport looking for a winning advantage. Rooney offers hundreds of exercises, covering everything from warming up, weights, kettleballs, isometrics, and gauntlet circuits, to bone tempering techniques, and other never-before-seen exercises, as well as priceless advice on mental training, flexibility, and nutrition. This title includes hundreds of never-before-seen exercises from the four corners of the earth, demonstrated in nearly 1,000 full-colour training photo. It features: explanations of the history, training, diet, and philosophy behind each martial art; 3 Eight-Week Warrior Workouts which can be combined for 6 complete months of training; 12 Warrior Challenges to assess fitness levels (1-10) as warriors progress in the program; and, cutting-edge nutrition information for athletes, from Sports Dietetics Specialist (CSSD) Glen Tobias. And these aren't just training techniques from the local gym. Rooney traveled to the top fight destinations in the world, from Russia to Thailand, to train with the experts in the core traditions that comprise Mixed Martial Arts: Judo, Karate, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Sambo, Boxing, Kickboxing, and Muay Thai. In each country, Rooney studied with the last living masters to discover their training secrets. The stunning full-colour training photos in this book were all taken at the locations these fighters have trained at for centuries, from the slopes of Mount Fuji to the beaches of Brazil.
- Author BiographyInternationally recognized fitness and martial arts expert Martin Rooney is the creator of the Training for Warriors System and the COO of the Parisi Speed School. More than 500,000 athletes have taken part in his programs, and he has prepared hundreds of athletes for the UFC, NFL, NBA, MLB, WNBA, Major Division I colleges, and the Olympics.
- Author(s)Martin Rooney
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2010
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow Paperbacks
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight1242 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.38New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.87New
- AU $6.50Used
- AU $31.93New
- AU $20.05New
- AU $24.96New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.75Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.