All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the design of ultra wideband (UWB) techlogy for wireless body-area networks (WBAN). The authors describe a vel implementation of WBAN sensor des that use UWB for data transmission and narrow band for data reception, enabling low power sensor des, with high data rate capability. The discussion also includes power efficient, medium access control (MAC) protocol design for UWB based WBAN applications and the authors present a MAC protocol in which a guaranteed delivery mechanism is utilized to transfer data with high priority. Readers will also benefit from this book's feasibility analysis of the UWB techlogy for human implant applications through the study of electromagnetic and thermal power absorption of human tissue that is exposed to UWB signals.
- Author BiographyKasun M. S. Thotahewa received BSc. Hons. Degree in Electronic and Telecommunications from University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka in July 2008, and the Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from Monash University, Melbourne, Australia in March 2014. He has worked as a network operations engineer in one of the major mobile service providers in Sri Lanka. His research interests are in UWB wireless communication, wireless body area networks, bio-electromagnetism and radio frequency circuit design. Mehmet Rasit Yuce received the M.S. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida in 2001, and the Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from North Carolina State University (NCSU), Raleigh, NC in December 2004. He was a post-doctoral researcher in the Electrical Engineering Department at the University of California at Santa Cruz in 2005. He was a Senior Lecturer in the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia until Jul 2011. In July 2011, he joined the Department of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering, Monash University, Melbourne Australia. His research interests include wireless implantable telemetry, wireless body area network (WBAN), bio-sensors, MEMs sensors, integrated circuit technology dealing with digital, analog and radio frequency circuit designs for wireless, biomedical, and RF applications. Dr. Yuce has published more than 100 technical articles in the above areas and received a NASA group achievement award in 2007 for developing an SOI transceiver. He received a research excellence award in the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment, University of Newcastle in 2010. He is a senior member of IEEE. He is an associate editor for IEEE Sensors Journal. Jean-Michel Redoute received the degree of M. S. in electronics at the University College of Antwerp, in 1998, and the degree of M. Eng. in electrical engineering at the University of Brussels, in 2001. In August 2001, he started working at Alcatel Bell in Antwerpen, where he was involved in the design of analog microelectronic circuits for telecommunications systems. In January 2005, he joined the ESAT-MICAS laboratories of the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven as a Ph. D. research assistant. In May 2009, he obtained his Ph. D. entitled Design of EMI resisting analog integrated circuits . In September 2009, he started working at the Berkeley Wireless Research Center at the University of California, at Berkeley as a postdoctoral scholar. In September 2010, he joined Monash University as a senior lecturer. His research interests include mixed-signal integrated circuit (IC) design, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), biomedical (integrated and non-integrated) circuit design and radio frequency integrated circuit design.
- Author(s)Jean-Michel Redoute,Kasun Maduranga Silva Thotahewa,Mehmet Rasit Yuce
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication18/04/2014
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note34 black & white illustrations, 70 colour illustrations, 18 black & white tables, biography
- Weight444 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.