All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book investigates the design of devices, systems, and circuits for medical applications using the two recently established frequency bands: ultra-wideband (3.1-10.6 GHz) and 60 GHz ISM band. These two bands provide the largest bandwidths available for communication techlogies and present many attractive opportunities for medical applications. The applications of these bands in healthcare are wireless body area network (WBAN), medical imaging, biomedical sensing, wearable and implantable devices, fast medical device connectivity, video data transmission, and vital signs monitoring. The recent techlogical advances and developments proposed or used in medicine based on these two bands are covered. The book introduces possible solutions and design techniques to efficiently implement these systems in medical environment. All individual chapters are written by leading experts in their fields. Contributions by authors are on various applications of ultra-wideband and the 60 GHz ISM band including circuit implementation, UWB and 60 GHz signal transmission around and in-body, antenna design solution, hardware implementation of body sensors, UWB transceiver design, 60 GHz transceiver design, UWB radar for contactless respiratory monitoring, and ultra-wideband based medical Imaging. The book will be a key resource for medical professionals, bio-medical engineers, and graduate and senior undergraduate students in computer, electrical, electronic and biomedical engineering disciplines.
- Author BiographyMehmet R. Yuce, PhD, is Senior Lecturer of Electrical and Computer Systems at Monash University, Victoria, Australia, and a Senior Member of IEEE. He holds a doctorate in Electrical Engineering from North Carolina State University.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/10/2013
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note143 black & white illustrations, 52 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight578 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byMehmet R. Yuce
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.