All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionUltrasonic guided waves in solid media have become a critically important subject in ndestructive testing and structural health monitoring, as new faster, more sensitive, and more ecomical ways of looking at materials and structures have become possible. This book will lead to fresh creative ideas for use in new inspection procedures. Although the mathematics is sometimes sophisticated, the book can also be read by managers without detailed understanding of the concepts as it can be read from a 'black box' point of view. Overall, the material presented on wave mechanics - in particular, guided wave mechanics - establishes a framework for the creative data collection and signal processing needed to solve many problems using ultrasonic ndestructive evaluation and structural health monitoring. The book can be used as a reference in ultrasonic ndestructive evaluation by professionals and as a textbook for seniors and graduate students. This work extends the coverage of Rose's earlier book Ultrasonic Waves in Solid Media.
- Author BiographyDr Joseph L. Rose is the Paul Morrow Professor in the Engineering Science and Mechanics Department at Pennsylvania State University. He is also Chief Scientist and President of FBS, Inc., a company dedicated to technology transfer, product development, and consulting on ultrasonic guided waves in nondestructive evaluation and structural health monitoring. He received his PhD from Drexel University in 1970. He is the author of twenty patents, four textbooks, and more than 600 scholarly articles, most focused on ultrasonics. He has served as principal adviser to more than 60 PhD and 150 MS students, and is a fellow of ASNT, ASME, IEEE, and the British Society for Nondestructive Testing. Dr Rose has also received many awards, including the SPIE Lifetime Achievement Award in recognition of sustained contributions to the advancement of nondestructive evaluation and structural health monitoring in 2011, the Penn State University Graduate Teaching Award in 2012, and the distinction of being a finalist in the Discover magazine award for innovation in aviation and aerospace in 1995.
- Author(s)Joseph L. Rose
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/08/2014
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note390 b/w illus. 35 tables 334 exercises
- Weight1110 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.