Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $278.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiagstic and Therapeutic Ultrasound has recently taken an explosive growth for better safer, ecomic, mobile and high quality healthcare. This techlogy is very appealing for medical applications because it is n-ionizing, n-invasive and it is available in most of the medical and clinical facilities. Its low cost, when compared with other medical image modalities, makes it one of the preferred tools for medical monitoring, follow-up and diagsis. Besides the traditional fields of Cardiology and Obstetrics, where it is extensively used for long time, it has became also very useful in the diagsis of diseases of the prostate, liver and coronaries and carotids atherosclerosis. However, Ultrasound images present poor quality, very low signal to ise ratio and a lot of artifacts. The extraction of useful information from Ultrasound data for diagsis is a challenge task that makes this medical image modality a very active field of research. The difficulties are being overcome and vel and advanced methods are being proposed for detection, characterization and segmentation of abrmalities in several organs. In fact, Ultrasound application range is vast, covering almost all organs of the human body, including the brain where Tran-cranial Doppler Ultrasound is very important to assess the brain vasculature. This book presents some of the recent advances in Ultrasound imaging techlogy covering several organs and techniques in a Biomedical Engineering (BME) perspective. The focus of the book is in the algorithms, methodologies and systems developed by multidisciplinary research teams of engineers and physicians for Computer-Aided Diagsis (CAD) purposes. Cardiovascular and Cancer, the most common life-threatening diseases in western countries, are two of the most important topics focused in the book. However, other advanced issues are also presented such as Intravascular Ultrasound, 3D US and Ultrasound in Computer-Aided Surgery (CAS). Some chapters are direct contributions from medical research groups where Ultrasound has also received great attention in the last decade. By this, new techniques based on Ultrasound were introduced in the clinical practice for diagsis and therapeutics, mainly in hospital facilities.
- Author BiographyJ. Miguel Sanches is from the new Department of Bioengineering at the Instituto Superior Tecnico / Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal, where he teaches in the area of signal processing and control. His research activity is in Biomedical Engineering, mainly, in image reconstruction and analysis of biological and medical imaging for computer aided diagnosis (CAD) purposes. Andrew F. Laine is a Director of the Heffner Biomedical Imaging Laboratory in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at Columbia University in New York City and is Professor of Biomedical Engineering and Radiology (Physics). His research inter-ests include quantitative image analysis; cardiac functional imaging: ultrasound and MRI, retinal imaging, intravascular imaging and biosignal processing. He is a Fellow of AIMBE and IEEE. Dr. Jasjit S. Suri is an innovator, scientist, a visionary, an industrialist and an internation-ally known world leader in Biomedical Engineering. Dr. Suri has spent over 20 years in the field of biomedical engineering/devices and its management. He received his Doctorate from University of Washington, Seattle and Business Management Sciences from Weatherhead, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/12/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note59 black & white illustrations, 74 colour illustrations, 25 black & white tables, biography
- Weight767 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAndrew F. Laine,Jasjit S. Suri,Joao Miguel Sanches
- Edition Statement2012
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.