All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdvances in the development and application of electron microscopic techniques have occurred recently such that the electron microscope has evolved to become an essential tool in both basic and clinical research. Use of this instrument has contributed significantly to the formation of new perspectives and concepts concerning cell fine structure. These structural perspectives are w being integrated with specific functional, biochemical and pathophysiological events and processes of cells and tissues. Most recently, utilization of invative electron microscopic techniques such as freeze-fracture, freeze- etching, and scanning and high-voltage electron microscopy offers both the basic and clinical scientist potentially fundamental insights into many morphodynamic processes related to the activities of cells and tissues. Such an approach has been especially rewarding when applied to the dynamic events of gametogenesis and early embryonic development. The chapters comprising this book have been selected and edited with the aim of providing an up-to-date and comprehensive account of the most important aspects of vertebrate gamets and embryos as revealed by the integration of several different submicroscopic methods. The organization of the chapters is designed to indicate present gaps in our kwledge of the developmental and reproductive biology of gametes and the developing embryo and possible Iines of research which may lead to a lessening of these gaps.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/10/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleElectron Microscopy in Biology and Medicine
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight705 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJonathan Van Blerkom,Pietro M. Motta
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.