All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis book puts Hong Kong on the world map and elevated this docile, money-minded Asian island to a model for pro-democracy campaigns across the globe. Umbrellas in Bloom is the first book available in English to chronicle this history-making event, written by a bestselling author and columnist based on his firsthand account at the main protest sites. Jason Y. Ng takes a -holds-barred, fly-on-the-wall approach to covering politics. His latest offering steps through the 79-day struggle, from the firing of the first shot of tear gas by riot police to the evacuation of the last protester from the downtown encampments. It is all you need to kw about the occupy movement: who took part in it, why it happened, how it transpired, and what it did and did t achieve.
- Author BiographyBorn in Hong Kong, Jason Y. Ng is a globe-trotter who spent his entire adult life in Italy, the United States and Canada before returning to his birthplace to rediscover his roots. He is a full-time lawyer, a magazine columnist and a resident blogger for the South China Morning Post. His social commentary blog As I See It and leisure review site The Real Deal have attracted a cult following. Jason has been featured at the Hong Kong Book Fair and the Hong Kong International Literary Festival. He has been profiled in Time Out, The Sun, SCMP, various other publications and numerous overseas blogs. Jason speaks frequently at local universities and art festivals. In addition to being a writer, he is also a social activist. He is an ambassador for Shark Savers FINished With FINs campaign and an outspoken supporter of foreign domestic helpers, new immigrants and other minority groups in Hong Kong. Jasons day job and personal interests make him a frequent traveler: over the years, he has visited over 100 cities in more than 35 countries. In 2011, he was named Man of the Year by Elle Men magazine, and in 2013 he was keynote speaker at the Harvard Club Book Prize award ceremony. He lives in Hong Kong.
- Author(s)Jason Y. Ng
- PublisherBlacksmith Books
- Date of Publication14/03/2016
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintBlacksmith Books
- Content Noteb/w illus, maps & colour photos
- Weight408 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.