All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this first book-length study of synchronic umlaut, a comprehensive comparative analysis of the phology and morphology of the umlaut alternation in present-day German and the Austronesian language Chamorro is presented in the framework of Optimality Theory. A fresh perspective of the phology-morphology interface and the interaction between segmental and metrical structure with wider cross-linguistic implications is developed, including a new conception of morphological conditioning based on morphological faithfulness and Representation as Pure Markedness. The Chamorro data collected for this study contribute significantly to the documentation of this endangered language.
- Author(s)Thomas B. Klein
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- Series TitleLinguistische Arbeiten
- Series Part/Volume Number416
- Place of PublicationTubingen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMax Niemeyer Verlag GmbH & Co KG
- Content NoteNum. fig.
- Weight314 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.