Unarmed Combat: Hand-to-Hand Fighting Skills from the World's Most Elite Military Units by Martin J. Dougherty (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.42+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.57Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the aid of superb line artworks, the SAS and Elite Forces Guide: Unarmed Combat demonstrates to the reader how special forces soldiers are taught to excel in hand-to-hand fighting: how they maximise body weight, and the use of various strikes, throws, locks and constrictions to defeat opponents. It explains how different martial arts have been combined by military units to create hand-to-hand combat systems for defence against multiple assailants, for fighting on the ground, for dealing with edged and impact weapons, what works against attackers with firearms and - more importantly - what doesn't. With tips and techniques from unarmed combat experts, the book is divided into two main sections. The first covers the mental preparation needed to be ready to defend yourself. The second covers the physical techniques needed to defend yourself, and if necessary, strike back to temporarily incapacitate your attacker and escape. With more than 300 easy-to-follow artworks and handy pullout lists of key information, the SAS and Elite Forces Guide: Unarmed Combat is the definitive guide for anyone wanting to be ready for anything - it could save your life. About the Author martin J. Dougherty is a freelance writer and editor specialising in weapons techlogy, military history and combat techniques. He has previously written Weapons and Fighting Techniques of the Medieval Warrior and contributed to Battles of the Ancient World, Battles of the Medieval World, Battles of the Crusades and Great Military Disasters.
- Author BiographyMartin J. Dougherty is a freelance writer specialising in military and defence topics. His published work deals with subjects ranging from naval weapons to personal security and self-defence. He is author of Small Arms: From the Civil War to the Present Day, Warriors of the World: The Ancient Warrior, and Weapons and Fighting Techniques of the Medieval Warrior. Dougherty has also written books on personal self defence, including Unarmed Combat (2010) and Extreme Unarmed Combat (2012).
- Author(s)Martin J. Dougherty
- PublisherAmber Books Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleSAS and Elite Forces Guide
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmber Books Ltd
- Content Note300 b/w artworks
- Weight454 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.