Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a becoming Jane Austen who delights Victorians, spinsters, and weenies - and who disgusted Mark Twain. There also exists a nastier Jane Austen who challenges traditional tions of fitness and propriety. Much of this Jane vanished when her sister Cassandra burned many of her letters. However, a caustic Jane Austen remains to be appreciated in her vels, juvenilia, and surviving correspondence. With a variety of insights afforded by psychoanalysis, Regency history, and evolutionary theory, (as well as Proust and Casava and Stendhal), the author recovers a Jane Austen who is unbecoming, adult, entertaining-and truly classic. This irreverent yet insightful work of literary criticism is a co-publication of Unlimited Publishing LLC and Harvardwood Books.
- Author BiographySteve Bachmann, A.B. (Harvard), MFA (UNO), J.D. (Harvard) is a co-founder of The New Orleans Art Review and author of four books of art and literary criticism from Unlimited Publishing LLC. They include Beyond NOLA: New Orleans Reviews of Art; Simulating Sex: Aesthetic Representations of Erotic Activity; EXTREME PROUST and now Unbecoming Jane. He is also a widely-published legal theorist and activist lawyer.
- Author(s)Steve Bachmann
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.