All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
About this product
- DescriptionUncertain Safari deals with the contours and complexities of African life today. Based on author Allan Winkler's personal experiences living and working in Kenya and traveling to many other parts of the continent, the book focuses primarily on East Africa and concentrates on Kenya in particular. It examines one of the most beautiful, and troubled, parts of Africa through a personal lens, highlighting issues of marriage and divorce, education and AIDS, politics, and evolving traditions. The African story warrants our attention. An examination of Kenya, one of the best-kwn and most-visited African countries, provides an effective means of exploring issues that affect all Africans. Kenya, traditionally more stable than other African nations, w faces many grave problems as its own stability has begun to erode. This book, based on observations, interviews, and personal reflections, highlights the serious issues behind the seemingly idyllic view millions of visitors witness on safari.
- Author BiographyAllan M. Winkler is Distinguished Professor of History at Miami University in Ohio. He has also held teaching positions at Yale University, the University of Oregon, the University of Helsinki in Finland, the University of Amsterdam in the Netherlands, and the University of Nairobi in Kenya.
- Author(s)Allan M. Winkler
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication24/06/2004
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHamilton Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width164 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.