Uncertain Times: A Chief Investment Officer's Journey by Alton R Cogert (Paperback / softback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.46Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUncertain Times is a most unusual business book. It takes you on a journey with an investment professional who has to cope with some of the deepest challenges of his career. While telling his story, Uncertain Times will show you how to develop, improve and streamline the investment process in his industry, one that makes unique demands on investment professionals - insurance. The safety and security of our institutions are continually being questioned in these challenging financial times. Although we rely on them, few people understand the process by which insurance companies invest their assets in order to be able to pay policy holders' claims. No previous book has outlined this unique process with such meticulous precision. Uncertain Times gives an insider's view. Whether you work for an insurer, regulate insurers, provide services to insurers or - like everyone else - are a policyholder concerned about how your insurer is run, this book will be invaluable to you.
- Author BiographyAlton Cogert, CFA, CPA, CAIA, is President and Chief Executive Officer of Strategic Asset Alliance (www.saai.com), an investment consulting firm that exclusively serves insurance companies. Founded in 1994, the firm focuses on improving the investment process of insurers, since solid investment results will flow from a successful process. Mr. Cogert has served as a technical advisor to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners' Invested Assets Working Group. He is a former member of the Board of Directors and former chairman of the Investment Committee of the National Alliance of Life Companies. He has been a guest lecturer at the University of Texas, is editor of Insurer Investment Strategies and writes From the Northwest Quadrant, an early warning financial blog available at www.saai.com. Mr. Cogert has more than thirty years of financial institution experience. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst, Certified Public Accountant and Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst. Mr. Cogert holds a BS from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and an MBA from the Marshall School of the University of Southern California.
- Author(s)Alton R Cogert
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication02/11/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.