All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionOver the course of a dozen years, photographer Georgia Sheron took numerous photographs of her next-door neighbor, Uncle John Ludorf, a farmer who plowed with horses and milked cows by hand into his late nineties. Her striking prints, accompanied by John's observations as garnered in a number of interviews, offer an artful, nuanced, and unsentimental look at a bygone way of life. I love the way certain photographs overwhelm with the sheer immediacy and vastness of the terrain, so that it takes a few moments to realize there's a tiny person there. In other photographs, we're persuaded to perceive the way the photographer does: John's spread fingers are t so very different from the splayed branches of the towering tree; his veins are only the living version of the shape he holds. -From the introduction by Ann Beattie
- Author BiographyGeorgia Sheron has worked in portrait, fine art, editorial and commercial photography for more than forty years. Her work has appeared in myriad publications, among them The Sunday New York Times, Connecticut Magazine, Vermont Magazine, and Yankee Magazine. She makes her home in Waterbury, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Georgia Sheron
- PublisherBauhan (William L.),U.S.
- Date of Publication31/05/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBauhan (William L.),U.S.
- Content Note150 illus.
- Weight1007 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.