All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Thomas Paine addressed his classic work Common Sense to the inhabitants of America in 1776, igniting the smoldering embers of the American Revolution, he t only put the British Monarch squarely in the crosshairs of the people's wrath, but clearly articulated the just causes of their anger. What was common sense then has become uncommon w...apparently! It is for this reason that author T. M. Ballantyne, Jr. has published this political tract, to bring to light the just causes of the people's outrage in today's fundamentally transformed America - at the beginning of what he rightly calls The Second American Revolution. In his clarion Call To Arms he t only gives voice to the ire of the American people over the betrayal of their beloved heritage, and cherished traditions of freedom and prosperity, but grounds his position in the words and passion of those who established this great nation. Clearly delineating where and how we have strayed from the path of liberty, he also shows us the way back. America, the sleeping giant, has awakened, and we will t rest until we have fully restored our nation to the Constitutional principles and values upon which it was founded! Speaking for the true mainstream of America, the author echoes the inspired words of John Paul Jones as he defiantly proclaims once more that [We] have [just] begun to fight!
- Author BiographyAbout the Author, T.M. Ballantyne, Jr. - I was born, and subsequently raised, in Houston (Bellaire), Texas, in 1950. I have a sister and two brothers. My brothers are conservative, for the most part; my sister lived with her husband and three children 'inside the Beltway' for most of her adult life.... My wife, Jan, and I met at the University of Texas, and were married in Logan, UT. We have since become the parents of eight wonderful children, all born in Houston. We relocated to Arizona in 2003, where we now live, near our children and grandchildren. Some 25-30 years ago we moved to Nashville, TN, where we raised our children. It was there that I had my first taste of citizen involvement. I became a regular caller on the Phil Valentine radio talk-show. My 'handle' was Tom from Brentwood (There were a few imposters!) Towards the end of our time in Music City, I became involved in what became known as the Tennessee Tax Revolt. It was the original Tea Party - of modern times, at least. We would gather with our signs and placards at Legislative Plaza, at the foot of the state capitol, and thousands of people would drive by and honk in opposition to the income tax. Not only did they honk, but they would drive around the plaza over and over, honking as they went. The noise was deafening, and the excitement, contagious...and we defeated the income tax! To this day, some 9-10 years later, Tennessee is one of only a handful of states that still do not have an income tax! I attempted to write a book about the experience, but eventually ran out of money (I had a family to support!), and put the manuscript aside. Nevertheless, I learned much through the process and have written several books since then. It is my intention that this one will play a role in influencing the good people of this country to step forward and reinstate their authority! We are in a battle for the soul of our nation, and we intend to win! I ask only that we each do what we individually know to be right! As we do that, and let our family and friends know clearly where we stand, we will succeed!
- Author(s)Jr MR T M Ballantyne
- PublisherBallantyne Books
- Date of Publication07/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantyne Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jodee Balantyne
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.