Uncommon Sense: Economic Insights, from Marriage to Terrorism by Richard A. Posner, Gary S. Becker (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.34+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn December 5, 2004, the still-developing blogosphere took one of its biggest steps toward mainstream credibility, as Nobel Prize - winning ecomist Gary S. Becker and rewned jurist and legal scholar Richard A. Posner anunced the formation of the Becker-Posner Blog. In time, the blog had established a wide readership and reputation as a reliable source of lively, thought-provoking commentary on current events, its pithy and profound weekly essays highlighting the value of ecomic reasoning when applied to unexpected topics. Uncommon Sense gathers the most important and invative entries from the blog, arranged by topic, along with updates and even reconsiderations when subsequent events have shed new light on a question. Whether it's Posner making the ecomic case for the legalization of gay marriage, Becker arguing in favor of the sale of human organs for transplant, or even the pair of scholars vigorously disagreeing about the utility of collective punishment, the writing is always clear, the interplay energetic, and the resulting discussion deeply informed and intellectually substantial. To have a single thinker of the stature of a Becker or Posner addressing questions of this nature would make for fascinating reading; to have both, writing and responding to each other, is an exceptionally rare treat. With Uncommon Sense , they invite the adventurous reader to join them on a whirlwind intellectual journey. All they ask is that you leave your preconceptions behind.
- Author BiographyGary S. Becker is University Professor at the University of Chicago and the author of many books, including Human Capital: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis. He was awarded the Nobel Prize in Economics in 1992 and the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2007. Richard A. Posner is a judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, senior lecturer in law at the University of Chicago Law School, and the author of numerous books, including How Judges Think.
- Author(s)Gary S. Becker,Richard A. Posner
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication27/10/2009
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Weight658 g
- Width90 mm
- Height60 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.