All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.72Trending at AU $29.63
About this product
- DescriptionAllow us to introduce Bianca Balducci, a rmal fifteen-year-old girl attending a co-ed parochial school in Baltimore, Maryland. She worries about her hair, her clothes, her would-be boyfriend Doug...and solving real-life mysteries? That's right! Watch out Nancy Drew, Bianca is on the case and this case revolves around Sadie Sinclair, the new girl Bianca has gone out of her way to befriend, only to discover that she is more than a little odd, and hiding something really BIG! Did someone actually see Sadie, who's only fifteen, driving a car? Why did she freak out at the idea of playing the lead in the school play? And why is Sadie being stalked by a nefarious duo of grown-ups? Combining slapstick with intelligent wit, this is a delightful, thoroughly entertaining mystery that pulls, grabs, and sticks while providing laugh-out-loud moments and smiles throughout.
- Author BiographyLibby Malin Sternberg was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland and is still in love with the city of crabcakes, steamy summers, and ethnic neighborhoods. (What's not to love about a city that names its football team after an Edgar Allan Poe character?) Libby earned both bachelor's and master's degrees from the Peabody Conservatory of Music and also attended the summer American School of Music in Fontainebleau, France. After graduating from Peabody, she worked as a Spanish gypsy, a Russian courtier, a Middle-Eastern slave, a Japanese Geisha, a Chinese peasant, and a French courtesan--that is, she sang as a union chorister in both Baltimore and Washington Operas, where she regularly had the thrill of walking through the stage doors of the Kennedy Center Opera House before being costumed and wigged for performance. She also sang with small opera and choral companies in the region. Alas, singing didn't pay all the bills so she turned to writing, working in a public relations office and then as a freelancer for various trade organizations and small newspapers. During a period of self-unemployment, she took her sister's advice and decided to pursue an unfulfilled dream--writing fiction. Her first young adult novel, Uncovering Sadie's Secrets, was a nominee for the prestigious Edgar Allan Poe award from Mystery Writers of America. The second in that mystery series was released in hardcover in November 2004. A third mystery in the series was released in 2008.
- Author(s)Libby Sternberg
- PublisherBancroft Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2003
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBancroft Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight306 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.