All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionImmerse yourself in exploring the heart of teacher leadership!Practicing the art of teacher leadership requires self-reflection, creativity, and discipline. This comprehensive reader brings together the top voices in the field, encouraging teacher leaders to examine the tensions in their practice. Edited by recognized experts in leadership circles, Richard Ackerman, author of The Wounded Leader, and Sarah Mackenzie, this must-have resource contains classic essays and contemporary gems that examine teacher leadership in insightful and surprising ways. This well-organized compendium features stories and lessons from teacher leaders that explore current issues, underlying feelings, and fresh perspectives for an in-depth examination of teacher leadership. Within a five-part structure, each section begins with an introduction and closes with questions designed to encourage reflection and discussion. Readers will be able to use:Stories, essays, and research findings for insight and explorationProtocols to structure conversations about common issuesIdeas for inspiring and motivating other educators to examine and improve their practicesRevealing the inner world of teacher leaders will prompt readers to think more deeply about their own leadership.
- Author BiographySarah V. Mackenzie is associate professor of educational leadership at the University of Maine. She has dealt with ethical issues in education for many years, first in her own hands-on experiences as a teacher and teacher leader and now in her role as a professor of educational leadership. Her most recent book, Uncovering Teacher Leadership: Essays and Voices From the Field (Corwin, 2007), is a compilation of writing focused on the inner lives of teacher leaders. She and Richard Ackerman published an article in the May 2006 issue of Educational Leadership titled Uncovering Teacher Leadership. In all of her work-as a teacher and a teacher of teachers and leaders-she has recognized the critical relationship between what teachers believe about their work and how successfully they perform that work.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication27/03/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1030 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byRichard H. Ackerman,Sarah V. Mackenzie
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.