All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.81Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever glanced around to realize you're the only woman in the room? Does a small voice in your head whisper you don't belong? Do you fear for your daughter in math and science? The research says female students and professionals in STEM - Science, Techlogy, Engineering and Math - are angry, frustrated and discouraged. No one kws these swirling emotions better than engineering psychologist Dr. Melanie Polkosky, who worked for over a decade in the STEM field where women are most underrepresented. In Uncovering Truffles, Polkosky examines the underlying reasons girls shy away from math and science and over half of female professionals leave their careers before the age of 40. Following a review of cutting-edge cognitive-neuroscience research and mythological perspectives on femininity, Polkosky offers twenty practical lessons to uncover the priceless value of women who integrate their masculine and feminine aspects, along with a hopeful vision for the future of inclusive work. Uncovering Truffles combines searing memoir with tools and inspiration that encourage women to design engaging and meaningful careers, increase gender diversity and establish supportive, healthy workplaces. Written with wisdom and startling honesty, Polkosky offers a clarion call to action for any forward-thinking individual who believes STEM, and business in general, can be a mechanism for serving humanity's greater good.
- Author BiographyMelanie Polkosky is a coach-consultant who holds a Ph.D. in Cognitive and Neural Sciences. Her expertise in social cognition, interpersonal communication and human factors arose from an eclectic career spanning healthcare, education, science and technology. As a R&D user experience expert for a major Fortune 100 technology organization for over 13 years, Polkosky worked with numerous international clients, achieved the highest Thought Leader level of certification, wrote over 60 publications, received 6 U.S. patents and completed two prestigious global leadership and social responsibility programs. In 2014, Polkosky left her corporate role to focus on empowering high-potential women in STEM and the organizations that value them. A breast cancer survivor, Melanie is a vegan, multi-passionate entrepreneur and working mother who loves black-capped chickadees, immersive conversations, dark chocolate, her children's infectious laughter and wildflower-strewn mountains in summer. She lives with her husband, son and daughter near Memphis, Tennessee.
- Author(s)Dr Melanie D Polkosky
- Date of Publication07/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.