Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionNuit et Brouillard ( Night and Fog , 1955) by Alain Resnais augmented the impact of the Holocaust on many societies. This book examines its representation of the Holocaust and offers solid case studies on the reception of this famous film in different contexts and countries (Britain, France, Germany, Israel, the Netherlands and the USA). Nuit et Brouillard lends itself to a comparative history because it was the first film on the Holocaust with such an impact, because it played a crucial role in the dissemination and appropriation of images of the past, because discussions about it helped to define or find identity and to shape memory, and because even today it continues to unsettle viewers. This volume seeks to provide insight into the way politicians, cultural critics and the general public assimilated the Holocaust and continue to debate questions of cultural memory. Scholars and students interested in the Holocaust, in film, literature, memory, Jewish history and cultural politics will find these case studies highly instructive.
- Author BiographyEwout van der Knaap is Assistant Professor of German Literature and Culture at Utrecht University. He has published monographs on German and international poetry, and co-edited several other books.
- PublisherWallflower Press
- Date of Publication24/01/2006
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWallflower Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight536 g
- Width161 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byEwout Van Der Knaap
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.