All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionCome join an in depth exploration of a unique segment of the Victorian decorative arts. In 650 beautiful images and fascinating text, many glass domes and the objects displayed under them are revealed and discussed in detail. Items from glorious taxidermy presentations of nature, seashell works, wax flowers and fruit, and even art formed of human hair are studied carefully. Additional chapters include examples of skeleton leaves and phantom bouquets; wool work; glass whimsies; seed, paper, muslin, and silk work; automatamechanical, musical masterworks and much more. Social commentary of the times enriches the exploration of these beautiful art objects. Experience the lightheartedness and whimsy to be found in the decorative arts created from 1837 to 1901 and preserved under these domes.
- Author BiographyJohn Whitenight, while always a passionate collector of Victoriana, began collecting glass domes in 1973. He has been researching the why and wherefore of these lovely domed items ever since. He currently owns 175 domed displays.
- Author(s)John Whitenight
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/2013
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note628 color & 23 b/w photos
- Weight2430 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.