All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJulene Hodges Schroeder was raised in an Ethiopia that was beginning to emerge from centuries of isolation. When her parents went as missionaries in 1945, they expected to make sacrifices and were tested to the limit. But they never realized how much they would fall in love with that beautiful land and its people, r how Ethiopia would capture their hearts forever. Under An African Sky is a story you can read to your children and grandchildren, about a girl who lived an unusual life and loved it. Julene writes the story of her childhood with warmth and honesty, sharing its hilarious moments, its lasting friendships and a particular sorrow that is common to missionaries' kids. You will be warmed to discover how the gospel was introduced in those long-ago days by people who truly did seek first the kingdom and how they happily gave up everything for what they considered the greatest adventure.
- Author BiographyJulene and her husband, Greg, live in Calgary, Alberta, in the foothills of the beautiful Canadian Rockies. They have three married children and eleven grandchildren.
- Author(s)Julene Hodges Schroeder
- PublisherSummer Bay Press
- Date of Publication18/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSummer Bay Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.