About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Under the Cannibal Curse It was such a little cage, with wooden sides and thick black bars that let scarcely one ray of sunlight into the musty interior. For a moment, coming in from the brightness outside, I was blinded and could see thing, only my strils twitched at a familiar smell. Then my eyes grew accustomed to the gloom and I peered through the bars of the cage. Inside, huddled forlornly together, their eyes blinking in wistful appeal, were two chimpanzees. So these were the 'Wild Beasts of the Jungle' I had in my curiosity paid a centime to see, beasts whose brothers only a few months before had been my companions in their native haunts where cages and civilization were unkwn, where life was lived as Nature had ordained it should be, free as the air, without clothes or laws or restrictions. How miserable these little captives looked, shut in their narrow cage, doomed to be stared at and laughed over by unsympathetic spectators for the rest of their lives! How they must miss their forest life! About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Jeuan Du Berrie
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication03/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.