All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTibor Fischer's hilarious first vel follows the adventures of two young Hungarian basketball players through the turbulent years between the end of World War II and the revolution of 1956. In this spirited indictment of totalitarianism, the two improbable heroes, Pataki and Gyuri, travel the length and breadth of Hungary in an epic quest for food, lodging, and female companionship.
- Author BiographyTibor Fischer was born in Stockport in 1959. Brought up in London, where he now lives, he was educated at Cambridge and worked as a journalist. He has won the Betty Trask Award, been short-listed for the Booker, and been nominated one of Granta's Best Young British Novelists. Since Under the Frog, his debut, he has published four novels and two collections of short stories, including Don't Read This Book If You're Stupid.
- Author(s)Tibor Fischer
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication03/10/2002
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight186 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $12.11Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $59.85Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.52
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.