All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnder the Olive Tree is a story of family life and food in Luga, an elegant city clinging to the edges of a Swiss lake near the rthern Italian border, and the sapphire seas of the Costa Smeralda in Sardegna, Italy. Manuela Darling-Gansser, along with photographer Simon Griffiths, captures this inspirational journey as she revisits the memories, sights, smells and tastes of her home town and the summer holidays of her childhood. Eat salami and mountain cheeses with red wine in the tiny grotto restaurants in the remote valleys of southern Switzerland. Sample traditional Sardinian fare of Culligiones, large pasta cushions filled with potato and wild mint and Semifreddo Di Miele Amaro, a soft ice cream flavoured with the unique Sardegnan bitter honey in the picturesque harbours on the Mediterranean. Manuela Darling-Gansser has cooking in her blood, her greatgrandfather founded a restaurant in Luga 120 years ago and his son, her grandfather, made it famous. She is your perfect guide host, intimately translating the food and flavours of her heritage. Under the Olive Tree is a celebration of Mediterranean al fresco living at its best!
- Author BiographyManuela Darling-Gansser has cooking in her blood. Her great-grandfather founded a restaurant in Lugano, Switzerland, more than 120 years ago and his son, her grandfather, made it famous. An inveterate traveller, Manuela's story begins in Under the Olive Tree: Italian Summer Food and Autumn in Piemonte: Food and Travels in Italy's Northwest, and continues in Winter in the Alps: Food by the Fireside. Her most recent publication is Top 10: Recipes for the Beginner Home Cook.
- Author(s)Manuela Darling-Gansser
- PublisherHardie Grant Books
- Date of Publication02/10/2003
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationSouth Yarra
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHardie Grant Books
- Content Note200 colour photos
- Weight1360 g
- Width245 mm
- Height268 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Photographs bySimon Griffiths
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.