All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
About this product
- DescriptionAn outstanding vel exploring the relationship between a young American woman and a refugee girl. Northern Afghanistan, 2001. When the Taliban takes her brother and father to be soldiers and the bombing of her tiny village kills her mother and baby brother, Najmah makes a dangerous journey over the mountains to Pakistan. Here she meets Elaine, an American woman waiting for her doctor husband to return from the front. Najmah joins Elaine's refugee school under the persimmon tree, until, sure that both their families are dead, Elaine tries to persuade her to go to America. But when Najmah's brother arrives at the school, still alive, she bravely decides to return with him to the village of their birth.
- Author BiographySuzanne Fisher Staples is a former United Press International news reporter who has worked in India, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh. She is the award-winning author of many acclaimed books for young readers set in south Asia and the Middle East, including Shiva's Fire and The Green Dog. She lives in Pennsylvania, USA.
- Author(s)Suzanne Fisher Staples
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/02/2006
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Content Note1 map
- Weight290 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.