All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA young woman must choose between family, tradition and an unexpected love in this gripping vel set in Pakistan. Shabanu, daughter of the windswept Cholistan desert, is the youngest of Rahim's four wives. Although her husband adores her, it is only in his rarely inhabited town house, away from the family home, that Shabanu and her daughter can escape the cruelty of the other wives. But there Shabanu falls dangerously in love with ather man, and she must decide whether it is right to follow her heart.
- Author BiographySuzanne Fisher Staples is a former United Press International news reporter who has worked in India, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh. She is the award-winning author of many acclaimed books for young readers set in South Asia and the Middle East, including Daughter of the Wind and Under the Persimmon Tree, both of which are also endorsed by Amnesty International UK. She lives in Pennsylvania, USA.
- Author(s)Suzanne Fisher Staples
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Weight248 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 12
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $30.28
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.62Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.35
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.