All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionWhat if you were told a devastating secret, a secret that had been guarded from you for thirty years, which shattered your view of your family and your marriage forever? Bilingual writer Annabel Annuo Liu chose to bury the secret and maintain the family facade. More than twenty years later, however, struggling to make sense of her life, she wrote her tenth book, the second volume of her memoirs. Unflinchingly candid and powerful, Under the Towering Tree: A Daughter's Memoir is a story within a story. It depicts the startling and heartbreaking family intrigue lurking beneath Liu's seemingly calm, content, and well-established life. Spanning four generations and two cultures, it is a portrait of a marriage, a family psychological drama, a mystery story, and a survivor's tale.
- Author BiographyAnnabel Annuo Liu was born in Shanghai, China. A bilingual writer, she has published My Years as Chang Tsen: Two Wars, One Childhood in English and eight collections of literary essays and short fiction in Chinese. She wrote feature stories, in-depth interviews, and columns for various newspapers and magazines in this country, including the Iowa Des Moines Register. Liu won a Dahua Evening News literary essay contest and two Liang Shiqiu literature translation competitions. A recipient of several Iowa Press Women awards, including a first prize for her cover story in the Sunday Register's Picture Magazine, she also taught journalism at Iowa State University in Ames and University of Tennessee in Knoxville.
- Author(s)Annabel Annuo Liu
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.