All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.78Trending at AU $17.63
About this product
- DescriptionThere's a place the slaves been whisperin' around called Canada. The law don't allow slavery there. They say you follow the North Star, and when you step onto this land you are free ...Taken away from her mother by a ruthless slave trader, all Julilly has left is the dream of freedom. Every day that she spends huddled in the slaver trader's wagon travelling south or working on the brutal new plantation, she thinks about the land where it is possible to be free, a land she and her friend Liza may reach someday. So when workers from the Underground Railroad offer to help the two girls escape, they are ready. But the slave catchers and their dogs will soon be after them ...
- Author BiographyBarbara Smucker was born in a small prairie town in Kansas in 1915 and attended school there through university. Her careers have been numerous. They include newspaper reporting, high school teacher and librarian. She is the author of numerous award-winning novels, including Runaway to Freedom, Days of Terror and Incredible Jumbo. She lived for many years in Ontario, Canada, but now lives in the USA.
- Author(s)Barbara Claassen Smucker
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication31/07/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight178 g
- Width136 mm
- Height179 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.