All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn paper, things looked good for Mark Rice-Oxley: wife, children, fulfilling job. But then, at his 40th birthday party, his whole world crumbled as he succumbed to depression...How many men do you kw who have been through periods when their lives haven't seemed right? How badly askew were things for them? Many men suffer from depression yet it is still a subject that is taboo. Men often don't visit the doctor, or they don't want to face up to feelings of weakness and vulnerability. By telling his story, Mark Rice-Oxley hopes it will enable others to tell theirs. In this intensely moving memoir he retraces the months of his utmost despair, revisiting a landscape from which at times he felt he would never escape. Written with lyricism and poignancy, Mark captures the visceral nature of this most debilitating of illnesses with a frightening clarity, while at the same time offering a sympathetic and dispassionate view of what is happening, and perhaps why. This is t a self-help book but a memoir that is brimful of experience, understanding and hope for all those who read it. It is above all honest, touching and surprisingly optimistic.
- Author BiographyMark Rice-Oxley is a news editor at the Guardian specialising in foreign news. He was born in Hampshire in 1969, educated at Portsmouth Grammar School, Exeter University and Voronezh University in the USSR. He joined the Guardian after 10 years reporting and writing from Moscow, Paris and Eastern Europe. His journalism has been published in scores of titles worldwide. He lives in Kingston with his wife and three children.
- Author(s)Mark Rice-Oxley
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight244 g
- Width133 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.