All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDomestic violence experienced in childhood continues to have an enduring emotional impact into adulthood. The scars it leaves can impact on family lives, employment, and long-term emotional and mental health. This book explores the experiences of adult survivors of domestic violence in childhood. The authors draw on many years' experience at the forefront of the field to bring together current research, best practice guidance for those working with both adults and children, personal testimonies and creative writing from survivors. The book addresses how to work with children exposed to domestic violence to address the issues before they grow up, as well as guidance on working with adult survivors. The personal accounts and poems make real the research and practice guidance. This important book will be essential reading for all those working with survivors of domestic violence in childhood, including counsellors, social workers and therapists, as well as students, academics and policy makers.
- Author BiographyGill Hague is Emeritus Professor of Violence Against Women Studies in the University of Bristol's Centre for Gender and Violence Research (of which she was a co-founder in 1990). She has worked for 40 years in the field and has played a key role in the pioneering development of violence against women research. She has been an activist, practitioner, academic and researcher, and has published extensively in the field. Kathy Willis works in both a voluntary and paid capacity supporting women, men and children who have experienced domestic abuse and sexual violence, and is an activist against violence against women. Ann Harvey is a qualified and experienced social worker with additional training to enable her to work therapeutically with children, young people and adults. For the past 11 years she has specialised in supporting children and families on their journeys to recovery from trauma, abuse and neglect.
- Author(s)Gill Hague
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/05/2012
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight290 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.