All listings for this product
About this product
Solve real-world puzzles like a political scientist
Understanding American Politics and Government,2012 Election Edition introduces students to the basic tools used by political scientists. It guides students through the fundamentals of government and helps them see why events really happen in politics. Consistently showing the difference between “causation” and “correlation,” this text presents American government as a field full of interesting questions and puzzles that all citizens must explore. The book draws heavily on real-world politics to help students think more critically about their political beliefs and actions.
This text features full integration with the New MyPoliSciLab. MyPoliSciLab includes a wide array of resources to encourage students to look at American politics like a political scientist and analyze current political issues. Political Explorer lets students play the role of a political scientist by investigating issues through interactive data. Core Concept videos discuss the big ideas in each chapter and apply them to key political issues. Simulations allow students to experience how political leaders make decisions.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program provides a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Here’s how:
Note: MyPoliSciLab does t come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MyPoliSciLab, please visit: www.mypoliscilab.com or you can purchase a ValuePack of the text + MyPoliSciLab (at additional cost): ValuePack ISBN-10: 0205950043 / ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205950041.
- Personalize Learning–The New MyPoliSciLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals. MyPoliSciLab is w compatible with BlackBoard!
- Engage Students–The stunning visual design engages students in the text.
- Improve Critical Thinking– Learning objectives in every chapter help students focus on important topics.
- Analyze Current Events–Coverage of the 2012 elections keeps the study of politics relevant and shows how political scientists look at the development of the American political system.
- Support Instructors– A full supplements package including the Class Preparation Tool in the New MyPoliSciLab is available.
- Author BiographyJohn J. Coleman is Professor and Chair of the Political Science Department at the University of Wisconsin, Madison; he is the Lyons Family Faculty Fellow and has received a Chancellor's Distinguished Teaching Award. John's current research examines the effect of various campaign finance rules and regulations on electoral and policy outcomes in the states. Kenneth M. Goldstein is Professor of Political Science at the University of Wisconsin, Madison where he won the Kellet Award for his career research accomplishments and the Chancellor's Distinguished Teaching Award. He is also president of Kantar Media's Campaign Media Analysis Group as well as a consultant for the ABC News elections unit and a member of their election night decision team. William G. Howell is the Sydney Stein Professor in American Politics at the University of Chicago. He has written widely on separation of powers issues and American political institutions, especially the presidency. Will's recent research examines the relationships between war and presidential power.
- Author(s)John J. Coleman,Kenneth M. Goldstein,William G. Howell
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication19/12/2012
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, maps, figures
- Weight1356 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2012 election ed of 3rd revised ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14