All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis succinct guide will help educators identify, and meet the needs of, the student with Asperger's Syndrome (AS). School can be a nightmare for these students. Their lack of social understanding makes them an easy target for teasing and their different way of thinking can require a different way of teaching. Without information and training in this disability, teachers face confusion and frustration in light of students' unusual behaviors. This guide offers teachers a better understanding of AS so they can help the students with AS have a richer, more enjoyable educational experience. This quick-read answers questions and provides solutions!
- Author BiographyEmily Burrows, Ed.S., is a seventh grade middle school teacher at Arnall Middle School in Newnan, Georgia. Mrs. Burrows is a veteran teacher, having taught in both Georgia and Kentucky. She has collaborated with resource teachers and has taught both students with autism and Asperger's Syndrome. Her research project for the Ed.S. Degree at West Georgia State University has given her further knowledge on meeting the classroom needs of the students with Asperger's Syndrome. Sheila Wagner, M.Ed., received her undergraduate degree in Education from the University of Wisconsin, Whitewater, and her graduate degree in Special Education from Georgia State University. Named the ASA's Professional of the Year in 2002 (Greater Georgia Chapter), she is now an Assistant Director of the Emory Autism Center at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. Ms. Wagner is also the MONARCH Program Coordinator and has conducted the EAC School Inclusion Project for over twelve years, affecting over 600 students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Author(s)Emily Burrows,Sheila Wagner
- PublisherFuture Horizons Incorporated
- Date of Publication15/01/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationArlington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFuture Horizons Incorporated
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.