All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to the National Autistic Society's estimation, one in a hundred children in the UK is on the autistic spectrum; and while there continues to be an increase in the identification of the condition, there remains a significant number of children who have t received a formal diagsis. This book will aim to support practitioners in early years settings who encounter both these categories of children and will provide practical suggestions based on theoretical underpinning. The book opens with an introduction to autism spectrum, explaining the main features of the condition and a discussion of the diversity of the spectrum, including how autism affects every child differently. It then provides in-depth information on some of the characteristics which can lead to a child being diagsed as having an autism spectrum disorder, as well as information on available screening tools. The book provides a focus on the three areas of difficulties that children with autism have - social interaction, social communication and imagination and play - and the role that the early years practitioners can have , including how they can best work with parents.
- Author BiographyPrithvi Perepa is Lecturer at the University of East London. He has firm knowledge of working in early years and primary settings and has worked as an advisory teacher for autism providing training to educational professionals and parents.
- Author(s)Prithvi Perepa
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight228 g
- Width60 mm
- Height89 mm
- Spine3 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $79.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.