All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe idea of biodiversity has become increasingly important for those who wish to preserve and protect the varieties of life on Earth. While most works on biodiversity look at only three components-the diversity of genes, of species, and of ecosystems-Understanding Biodiversity examines the diversity of life in all of its manifestations. The living world is diverse in many ways. Animals and plants vary greatly in their size and shape, in their behavior, in how they reproduce, in how they sense the surrounding world. Understanding Biodiversity argues that there are many ways in which biodiversity has an intrinsic value - for humans, and for the living world as a whole - and that biodiversity should be better understood and appreciated by everyone, t just those in the scientific community. Only through such comprehension and appreciation will we come to value and protect biodiversity more than we do w. Humanity can only gain from such an expanded view.
- Author BiographyDavid Zeigler is Associate Professor of Biology at the University of North Carolina at Pembroke. He teaches a variety of courses, on invertebrate zoology, zoology, entomology, parasitology, animal behavior, evolution, marine biology, neurobiology, and general biology.
- Author(s)David Zeigler
- Date of Publication30/05/2007
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Note28 illustrations (b&w), 7 tables
- Weight458 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.