All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionSince Soviet collapse, the independent republics of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan have faced tremendous political, ecomic, and security challenges. Focusing on these five republics, this textbook analyzes the contending understandings of the politics of the past, present and future transformations of Central Asia, including its place in international security and world politics. Analysing the transformation that independence has brought and tracing the geography, history, culture, identity, institutions and ecomics of Central Asia, it locates 'the political' in the region. A comprehensive examination of the politics of Central Asia, this insightful book is of interest both to undergraduate and graduate students of Asian Politics, Post-Communist Politics, Comparative Politics and International Relations, and to scholars and professionals in the region.
- Author BiographySally N. Cummings teaches in the School of International Relations at the University of St Andrews, UK, where she is also Founding Director of the Institute of Middle Eastern, Central Asian and Caucasus Studies. Her publications include Sovereignty After Empire (co-ed., 2011); Symbolism and Power in Central Asia (ed., Routledge 2010); Kazakhstan (2005) and Oil, Transition and Security in Central Asia (ed., Routledge 2003).
- Author(s)Sally N. Cummings
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 13 black & white tables, 13 black & white halftones
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.