All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition of Understanding Contemporary Africa has been thoroughly revised to reflect the many significant events and trends of the past six years-seismic political changes, the impact of the new information techlogy, the strong presence of China and other foreign powers, and much more. The authors provide current analyses t only of history, politics, and ecomics, but also geography, environmental concerns, population shifts, and social and cultural issues. Each topic is covered in an accessible style, but with reference to the latest scholarship. Maps, photographs, and a table of basic political data enhance the text, which has made its place as the best available introduction to this diverse and complex continent.
- Author BiographyApril A. Gordon is professor emeritus of sociology and director of the Women's Studies Program at Winthrop University, USA. Donald L. Gordon is professor of political science and director of the Richard W. Riley Institute of Government, Politics, and Public Leadership at Furman University, USA.
- PublisherLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2012
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byApril A. Gordon,Donald L. Gordon
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.