All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume constitutes a first step towards an ever-deferred interdisciplinary dialogue on cultural traits. It offers a way to enter a representative sample of the intellectual diversity that surrounds this topic, and a means to stimulate invative avenues of research. It stimulates critical thinking and awareness in the disciplines that need to conceptualize and study culture, cultural traits, and cultural diversity. Culture is often defined and studied with an emphasis on cultural features. For UNESCO, culture should be regarded as the set of distinctive spiritual, material, intellectual and emotional features of society or a social group . But the very possibility of assuming the existence of cultural traits is t granted, and any serious evaluation of the tion of cultural trait requires the interrogation of several disciplines from cultural anthropology to linguistics, from psychology to sociology to musicology, and all areas of kwledge on culture. This book presents a strong multidisciplinary perspective that can help clarify the problems about cultural traits.
- Author BiographyEmanuele Serrelli is a philosopher of science interested in interdisciplinarity within and across the natural and social sciences. He works with several Italian universities. He was visiting scholar at the University of Utah, and visiting fellow at the Sydney Centre for the Foundations of Science, at the Lisbon Applied Evolutionary Epistemology Lab, and at NESCent National Center for Evolutionary Synthesis, Durham, NC. As a member of the scientific board of CISEPS Center for Interdisciplinary Studies in Economics, Psychology and Social Sciences, University of Milano Bicocca, he leads the Cultural Evolution research program. As a philosopher of biology, he is trained in evolutionary theory, where he also studies interdisciplinarity and modeling. Fabrizio Panebianco is an economist working on the economics of cultural transmission and on the role played, in this process, by the network of social interactions. He fosters a highly interdisciplinary research agenda merging different evolutionary approaches. He worked in several italian and european universities and now works in Bocconi University. He is member of the scientific board of CISEPS Center for Interdisciplinary Studies in Economics, Psychology and Social Sciences, University of Milano Bicocca, and worked in the Cultural Evolution research program.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication27/02/2016
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 21 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight789 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byEmanuele Serrelli,Fabrizio Panebianco
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.