Understanding Early Years Policy by Damien Fitzgerald, Peter Baldock, Janet Kay (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $90.09Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $85.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Baldock et al is a core text for undergraduates and postgraduates interested in the complex and broad implications of Early Years policy and policy-making. This new edition offers insights into domestic and international perspectives on Early Years, and opportunities to increase understandings of how policy is shaped and applied through case studies and reflective exercises.' - Dr. Richard Race, Department of Education, University of Roehampton Fully updated to include all the latest developments in early years policy such as the revised Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), this book explores how policy is made, implemented, analysed and developed over time. There is a complete overview of early years policy, and an evaluation of its ongoing impact on practice. Case studies, points for reflection and activities encourage discussion and critical thinking. This Third Edition has been significantly updated to include: - a new chapter on international early years policy - discussion of the impact of the recession and the Coalition Government's policies - material on how ordinary practitioners can influence policy - a revised timeline of early years legislation. This text is an essential read for early years students at all levels, and early years practitioners. Peter Baldock worked extensively in Early Years education and was chair of the executive committees of two children's chartities based in Sheffield. Damien Fitzgerald and Janet Kay are both Principla Lecturers in Childhood Studies at Sheffield Hallam University.
- Author BiographyPeter Baldock worked extensively in early years education as a teacher, in community development, in registration and inspection of early years services, and as an Associate Lecturer with the Open University. His publications include three books on early years services, and he was actively involved in Sheffield's 0-19+ Partnership on behalf of the voluntary sector. Damien Fitzgerald has worked as a Registered Nurse, teacher and special needs coordinator in early years and primary education, and as an LEA support teacher. He is currently Head of Area (Early Childhood Studies) at Sheffield Hallam University, and is engaged in varied research. Janet Kay worked as a qualified social worker with children and families for some years before moving into teaching in further and then higher education. She has retired from full-time work, but still regularly lectures at Sheffield Hallam University, and is also working to promote better support for adoptive families in the UK.
- Author(s)Damien Fitzgerald,Janet Kay,Peter Baldock
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication11/01/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Out-of-print date24/03/2016
- Weight363 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.