All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionEating disorders (EDs) are considered a major disease in the modern world, being one of the most prevailing public health problems among female adolescents and young adults in recent decades, and reaching epidemic proportions in many Western countries. The last two decades have envisioned an abundance of research in many aspects related to EDs. Nevertheless, EDs are still highly misunderstood disorders that often raise a host of negative emotions such as bewilderment, mistrust and fear. This book reviews research on the diagsis and classification of EDs, as well as the historical and socio-cultural aspects and the genetics, biology and psychological considerations involved.
- Author BiographyJoav Merrick, MD, MMedSci, DMSc, born and educated in Denmark is professor of pediatrics, child health and human development, Division of Pediatrics, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Mt Scopus Campus, Jerusalem, Israel and Kentucky Childrens Hospital, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky United States and professor of public health at the Center for Healthy Development, School of Public Health, Georgia State University, Atlanta, United States, the medical director of the Health Services, Division for Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services, Jerusalem, the founder and director of the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development in Israel.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication24/10/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight780 g
- Width260 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDaniel Stein,Professor Joav Merrick,Yael Latzer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.