All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionModern ecomies have undergone a dramatic change. There has been a shift from large scale material manufacturing to the design and application of new techlogy with R&D and human capital. The new information age has introduced significant productivity gains through increasing returns and learning by doing, which has challenged the traditional growth models based on competitive market structures. Institutions outside the traditional markets and the genetic principle of survival of the fittest have dominated the current theory of industry growth. This book coordinates and integrates the two strands of ecomic growth and development: the endogeus theory of growth and the extra-market models of evolutionary ecomics dominated by invation efficiency. It presents this new paradigm in terms of both theory and historical experiences. The book addresses the role of invations and human capital, the impact of information techlogy, the role of institutions as mechanisms of evolutionary ecomies and the experiences of Asian growth miracles, and will be of interest to readers in ecomics and political science concerned with ecomic growth and development.
- Author(s)Jati Sengupta
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/01/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight366 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.