All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionWithin education, concepts such as learning styles, learning strategies and independent learning are often cited as important areas for development in schools (DFES 1998, 2001) but these are rarely satisfactorily defined. It is essential for teachers to develop a detailed understanding of learning across the curriculum, as well as appropriate strategies, if children are to learn effectively. This book explores these important concepts by examining learning in a range of classroom settings and drawing on evidence from teachers and pupils, through interviews and observations. The focus is two-fold: to understand learning in the classroom, and to develop practices which will support learning.The topics explored include: models of learning; learning strategies and the teacher; learning strategies and the learner; assessment for learning; and, the social dimension of children's learning. The book provides a rich mixture of examples, reflection points, case studies and strategies for the classroom to provide the reader with a wide range of ideas to encourage more effective learning in their classroom. Understanding Effective Learning is key reading for student, beginning and early career teachers in primary education.
- Author BiographyDes Hewitt is Assistant Subject Manager (Initial Teacher Education) and English Co-ordinator in the Faculty of Education, Health and Sciences at the University of Derby, UK, where he leads the Primary Initial Teacher Education programme team.
- Author(s)Des Hewitt
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight315 g
- Width60 mm
- Height90 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.