About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding English is a series of topic-based study books for children in Key Stage 2, providing rigorous practice of key subject areas. Each topic contains a concise summary of the information required by the National Curriculum, making the series ideal for use as preparation for the Key Stage 2 tests. Each book is a stand-alone resource, so children can either work through them in order or focus on individual aspects of the subject. Together, the eight books support the whole of the Key Stage 2 English curriculum, providing a solid foundation for success in English. Punctuation meets the National Curriculum requirements for Key Stage 2 English, and covers the following areas: apostrophes, inverted commas, direct speech and dialogue, parenthesis, bullet points, questions and question marks, colons and semicolons. This book explains how to use all the main punctuation marks, from full stops and capital letters to semicolons and hyphens. This book also includes regular proofreading exercises to check children's understanding. Key features of Understanding English include: an 'Explanation' to introduce each topic; activities to consolidate and revise kwledge and skills; thought-provoking facts to foster a love of learning beyond the National Curriculum; 'Now you try' activities to develop children's understanding of English outside the classroom.
- Author(s)Carol Matchett
- PublisherSchofield & Sims Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleUnderstanding English
- Place of PublicationWest Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSchofield & Sims Ltd
- Weight181 g
- Width211 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine1 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.