Understanding Entrepreneurial Family Businesses in Uncertain Environments: Opportunities and Resources in Latin America by Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $146.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $125.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis thorough volume describes and analyzes entrepreneurial family businesses in Latin American countries. The research presented here has been conducted within the Global STEP (Successful Transgenerational Entrepreneurship Practices) Project. Dealing with some of the most important opportunities and challenges that Latin American family businesses face, particular attention is given to the uncertainty that characterizes most business environments in Latin American countries. The authors argue that while uncertainty is always a central characteristic of entrepreneurial processes and activities, uncertainty is particularly prounced for Latin American family businesses striving to grow. In addition to a comprehensive introductory chapter that outlines the book's core concepts, including transgenerational entrepreneurship, entrepreneurial orientation, resources, capabilities and uncertainty, the book describes the main characteristics of entrepreneurship and family businesses in Latin America. It also brings together a unique set of empirical case-based research papers that investigate transgenerational entrepreneurship in different Latin American family business contexts. The unique contributions found here include studies on: * Hostile environments and entrepreneurial orientation * The influence of culture on governance and invativeness * Governance structures and entrepreneurial performance * Family conflict as a source of entrepreneurial opportunities * Entrepreneurship in transgenerational processes by means of social capital * Kwledge integration and entrepreneurial behavior * The role of tacit kwledge in the identification of entrepreneurial opportunities * Financial issues in entrepreneurial family businesses * Communication during the entrance of new generations into the family business. Students and scholars of entrepreneurship the world over will find much of te in this carefully researched work. So too will anyone interested in sustaining a successful transgenerational family business.
- Author BiographyEdited by Mattias Nordqvist, Jonkoping International Business School, Jonkoping University, Sweden, Giuseppe Marzano, Universidad San Francisco de Quito, Ecuador, Esteban R. Brenes, Steve Aronson Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, INCAE Business School, Costa Rica and Nicaragua, Gonzalo Jimenez, Albert von Appen Professor and Director, Family Business Centre, Universidad Adolfo Ibanez, Chile and Managing Director, Proteus Management Consulting and Maria Fonseca-Paredes, Tecnologico de Monterrey (ITESM), Mexico
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2011
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Edited byEsteban R. Brenes,Giuseppe Marzano,Gonzalo Jimenez,Maria Fonseca-Paredes,Mattias Nordqvist
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.