All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
About this product
- DescriptionThere is w an unprecedented interest in, and concern about, environmental problems. Understanding Environmental Issues explains the science behind these problems, as well as the ecomic, political, social, and cultural factors which produce and reproduce them. Understanding Environmental Issues - explains, clearly and concisely, the science and social science necessary to understand environmental issues - using learning outcomes, text boxes, tables and figures throughout to make complex ideas accessible and relevant - describes - in section one - the philosophies, values, politics, and techlogies which contribute to the production of environmental issues - uses cases - on climate change, waste, food, and natural hazards - in section two - to provide detailed illustration and exemplification of the ideas described in section one. The conclusion, a case study of Mexico City, draws together the key themes Vivid, accessible and pedagogically informed, Understanding Environmental Issues will be a key resource for undergraduate and taught postgraduate students in Geography, Environment, and Ecology; as well as students of the social sciences with an interest in environmental issues.
- Author BiographyMike is a seasoned operations executive and management consultant with 27 years of hands-on experience across a range of industries and has held senior operational management roles for global corporates such as Smiths Industries, Lucas, Plessey, Siemens before channelling his capabilities towards small to medium enterprises and start-ups such as Keycorp and Cyberlynx Procurement Services.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication14/05/2008
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight667 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byDr. Alan Patterson,Mike Turner,Susan Buckingham
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.