All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionThe third edition of this well-received textbook delivers a concise overview of global and individual environmental pollution for undergraduate courses, presenting students with the tools to assess environmental issues. With more than thirty percent new material, Hill assesses pollution from an international perspective, including air and water pollution, global warming, energy, solid and hazardous waste, and pollution at home. Both the sources and impacts of pollution are addressed, as well as governmental, corporate, and personal responsibility for pollution, and pollution prevention is emphasized throughout. Non-technical language encourages greater understanding of these often complex issues, and thought-provoking 'Delving Deeper' exercises are included, increasing engagement with the text and enabling students to apply what they have learned. A new chapter on the chemistry basics of pollution links to sections on toxicology and risk assessment, helping students understand concerns over chemicals and their regulation. An essential review of environmental pollution for environmental science students.
- Author BiographyMarquita Hill is currently Adjunct Professor of Urban Affairs and Planning at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Formerly of the University of Maine, she developed a number of environmental courses during her time there, including 'Issues in Environmental Pollution', an interdisciplinary introductory course. For seven years she was a visiting scholar in Environmental Health at the Harvard School of Public Health, and was a founding member and first president of the Green Campus Consortium, an organization devoted to finding sustainable means of management for the state's higher-education institutions.
- Author(s)Marquita K. Hill
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication22/04/2010
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note105 b/w illus. 55 tables 30 exercises
- Weight1250 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.