All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding Equity & Trusts is the sister text to Professor Hudson's heavyweight textbook Equity & Trusts. It aims to give you a clear, accessible and comprehensive overview of the main themes in this dynamic area of the law. Whether used at the beginning of studying or in the period before examinations, this book will give you an invaluable grounding in all of the key principles of equity and the law of trusts. If you need help with trusts law, then this is the book for you. This book covers all of the topics that a student reader will encounter in any trusts law or equity course. The text deals with express trusts, resulting and constructive trusts, the duties of trustees, breach of trust and tracing, commercial uses of trusts, charities, equitable remedies and trusts of homes. Extensive updates have been made to the text to consider several major new cases decided since the last edition, including: Supreme Court decisions in Pitt v Holt, Jones v Kertt, and Lehman Brothers International v CRC, the continuing debate about the proper treatment of bribery and many other cases besides. The law of trusts is built on simple basic principles. The approach of this book is to begin with a clear presentation of those principles before guiding the reader through the more complex issues which are the focus of examinations in this subject. The lively text includes a large number of straightforward examples to make the discussion of the general law more accessible. Online support Visit the author's website at http://www.alastairhudson.com or the Equity & Trusts site at http://www.routledge.com/cw/hudson in order to find podcasts of specially-recorded lectures covering the basic principles of a whole trusts law course and much more.
- Author BiographyAlastair Hudson, LLB, LLM, PhD (Lond.), NTFS, FRSA, FHEA, Barrister, Lincoln's Inn, is Professor of Equity & Finance Law at the University of Southampton. He has been voted UK Law Teacher of the Year and is a National Teaching Fellow.
- Author(s)Alastair Hudson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/08/2014
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight446 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.