All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, Wagener presents the life and work of the German writer Erich Maria Remarque, whose antiwar and exile vels have sold millions of copies worldwide. The author tells of Remarque's fascinating life as a child in the Westphalian city of Osnabruck, as a soldier in World War 1 as a newspaper editor in Hanver and Berlin, as the famed author of All Quiet on the Western Front , and as a German living in exile in Switzerland and the United States. Wagener then provides an in-depth analysis of Remarque's vels, placing them in the context of 20th century history. A discusssion of their aesthetic merits as well as their reception in the United States and in Germany is also included.
- Author(s)Hans Wagener
- PublisherUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Date of Publication31/12/1991
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleUnderstanding Contemporary Modern European Writers S.
- Place of PublicationSouth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Weight472 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.