CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionIt is imperative that health professionals caring for patients with rheumatic diseases understand how to correctly interpret evidence in their field, taking into account the merits and shortcomings of available data. Understanding Evidence-Based Rheumatology offers a practical assessment of criteria, drugs, trials, and registries and provides useful tools for successfully interpreting this data. The book introduces readers to basic analysis of trial design, statistics and application of data through -nsense, easy-to-follow insights. Using numerous examples, chapters outline the difficulties physicians encounter when measuring disease activity in rheumatology and offer strategies for systematically approaching these situations. Ethical issues in study design and reporting are examined and the book closes with a summary of future directions for scientific and clinical studies in rheumatology. Understanding Evidence-Based Rheumatology is an invaluable resource for trainees, clinicians and scientists, preparing them with the necessary tools to correctly gather evidence and shed light on the difficult practice of rheumatology.
- Author BiographyHasan Yazici, MD, Professor of Medicine Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey Yusuf Yazici, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA Emmanuel Lesaffre, PhD Department of Biostatistics, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, the Netherlands and L-Biostat, K.U.Leuven Leuven, Belgium.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 20 colour illustrations, 4 black & white tables, biography
- Weight444 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byEmmanuel Lesaffre,Hasan Yazici,Yusuf Yazici
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.